Thursday, February 4, 2010

Someone should put some orange cones up...

Today was full of worldly adventure...at the office. My boots and I were at an impass throughout the day and they naturally felt so inclined as to show me that they were the boss of Thursdays. I managed to trip not once, but twice. It wasn't a trip where you actually fall flat on your face, but more of a "hey, watch it!" kind of trip where you jump forward and people give you that look as if to say, "Damn, I thought she was going to fall flat on her face." I hung my frustration on the coat rack and took off after putting in the traditional full day.

I made an effort to go to the grocery store after work to invest in some tofu. I have always been skeptical of tofu, but time has taught me to deal with it and love it, whic I'm beginning to do. The texture doesn't wig me out the way it used to, so I think I will find it in my fridge more often.

Speaking of food, I made a pasta of sorts this evening. I pretty much compiled ingredients on this one. Go ahead and call it Tofu Pasta if you like, but I'm not claiming faim to a fridge-raided dinner. And I warn you, I rarely measure when I'm just pulling things together.

I am a fan of the Hodgson Mill Organic Penne pasta, so I used that for my "base" food, if you will.



In a skillet, I combined chopped tofu, celery, carrots, asparagus, spinach, and mushrooms along with a splash of olive oil, teriyaki sauce, and a dash of basil leaves, garlic powder and onion powder. I didn't feel like fetching the real deal on those last ingredients; sometimes the shaker version will do just fine.



After everything was cooked and tossed together, I have my finished meal.



I enjoyed a glass of milk with my delicious meal. For dessert, I sampled something known as Tofutti. It's a frozen dessert of sorts that I found when searching for tofu at the grocery store. I didn't eat more than a few bites because I was full from dinner, but it was a delicious sample of chocolate!




After I finish writing this post I will (finally) start my non-fiction short story for Creative Writing. This assignment is to be about setting. I am going to write about the time I was in Annecy, France a few years back. I found a sense of peace there that I haven't found anywhere else thus far in my life. Perhaps it was the fact that I got to feed raspberries to birds, but there was something truly beautiful about that location.

I should also hop on the bike for a half our or so, but the writing needs to be my priority for the evening, or at least it's a good excuse for me not to bike. In time you will learn that Jenna + a routine exercise = epic fail. I'm better than I used to be, but I'm far from where I'd like to be. All in good time, young grasshopper, all in good time.

Cheers!


What is your favorite place in the world, and why?
What are your thoughts on tofu?

No comments:

Post a Comment