Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Let's get it started!

I suppose it's high time I actually start writing on this dear blog of mine. I have been considering the idea of a blog for a few years, and I think now is the time.

I want to begin by saying that there is no specific rhyme or reason to this blog other than my various ponderings. It is likely that the subjects of literature and writing will come up quite often, as those are two things I am most passionate about. Harry Potter may end up being a frequent topic in regards to the literature aspect, but I'll do my best to discuss what I'm presently reading rather than something I happen to be obsessed with.

You will also find food and nutritional talk on this blog. I have recently started getting into the swing of living a healthy lifestyle, and the swing will be in full force once I can commit myself fully to the kitchen and away from the evils of sit-down restaurants. I have won the fight against vending machines these past few months, but the next (and more vicious) battle is with restaurant eating. I will post various recipes I have made from cookbooks and people's blogs (Iowa Girl Eats is a personal favorite), as well as some recipes I come up with in due course.

There is also going to be some British talk on this blog. I am going on a two-week trip to England in May and am getting rather excited for it to put it lightly. I will likely be posting some information on that as well as photos once I return home. I would love to say that I'll post as I'm traveling, but I have no intention of sitting online when the time there is precious. I told a coworker that I would try to bring Prince William home for her, so I can't possibly achieve that mission if I'm online!


I think it only appropriate to provide a bit of information about myself before I close out for the evening...

My name is Jenna and I am a twenty-two year-old living in North Dakota. I am a student across the river in Minnesota, pursuing an English major with an emphasis in writing. After college it is my hope/goal to get my foot in the door of a publishing company, but until that day comes I am a full-time employee at a health-related company. I think it only appropriate that I don't go into too many details with my job, but I will share that I love it and it has inspired the healthy lifestyle I am presently pursuing. It's quite a gift when you can have a job and learn a lot in the process!

As I said before, I am a lover of literature. For a full list of what I've read, visit my Goodreads website. My top five authors are J.D. Salinger, J.K. Rowling, Ian McEwan, Philippa Gregory, and Bernhard Schlink. I am also big on writing and helping other people with their writing. I'm no professional by any means, but I'm always willing to help when asked. I'll get into literature and writing more another day.

Another passion of mine is traveling, though being a poor college student I don't do it as much as I'd like. As I mentioned before, I will be having a two-week flirtation with England come May, which is quite literally a dream come true for me. I visited France in 2006 as well as many U.S. cities/states and Canada over the years. France and England were the two main places I wanted to see before I die, so getting those in before twenty-five feels like a gift of sorts. I will post various photos from my trips as time carries on.

There is a lot more that I could say, but I think I have the basics down for tonight. I finished the most delicious grilled salmon earlier for dinner, complete with various vegetables (asparagus, carrots, celery, and mushrooms). Afterwards, I settled at Barnes and Noble for a short time to read my current project, Pride & Prejudice, before returning home to write my first blog. I daresay that my evening was rather satisfactory.

I hope you enjoyed the first read and I look forward to writing more tomorrow.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment