Saturday, March 20, 2010

Too much sweetness to be angry!

I had planned on making my next post a giant rant about drinking, because I've been extremely upset about it as of late. It's not going to be as big as planned, because I have other things to talk about. All I am going to say about it is that it's extremely upsetting when people do it too much. I have an alcoholic aunt and (forgive me) two siblings who have drinking problems. I don't like when people do it too much for now reason. I drink from time to time, yes, but I don't get drunk and I drink either wine at dinner with the folks or else one or two drinks with people for an event, such as a birthday party. I don't know when normality turned into multiple nights out in a week. I don't know when throwing up was the thing to do. I don't like hearing about it. It's scary and it's foolish when people go too far with it. That's all I am going to say about that. Now, to another topic entirely.

First things first, I had an amazing dinner this evening, complete with sweetness. I went over to my dad and Mary's house to cook them sweet potato fries and beans, as suggested on Iowa Girl Eats. I added garlic salt, pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and extra virgin olive oil to my drizzle, but everything else was done the same. Cut up sweet potatoes, top with the drizzle, bake 15 minutes, turn and bake 5-10 more minutes (depending on the size of your fries), and you're good to go! I served it with honey beans and (at the request of my dad) I also made a microwave roast that my step-mom had planned on using tonight before I called. I think it was successful.



The funny part about the dinner is that I have greatly disliked sweet potatoes for ages. The texture of mushed sweetness wasn't on my list of favorites. If you don't like sweet potatoes, I would still recommend that you try these. They are yum yum.

I don't know what else I was going to talk about, now that I think on it. I really did enjoy dinner. I know there was something else. Perhaps I will think of it for next time.

Cheers!


Have you tried any new meals lately that you surprisingly enjoyed?

2 comments:

  1. I rinse my sweet potato fries with water before I bake them. That washes off extra starches/sugars which helps keep the outsides from burning before the insides are cooked. My fries are much more crispy since I started doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious! Were the beans from a can or did you soak them and cook them?

    ReplyDelete