Thursday, February 18, 2010

A writer is someone who can ramble effectively

It's the sixties, at least in my apartment tonight. Or shall I say my flat? One may never know if I have the right to attempt at being British. Colin Firth, on the other hand, is truly a British man of gold. He is just lovely. The reason I bring this up is because after waiting (impatiently) for months, A Single Man is coming to the Fargo Theatre tomorrow. I will provide more details on it after I go tomorrow with Brian, but it's an understatement to say I am rather excited. Christopher Isherwood's novel version (which came before, naturally) is in the running for one of my favorite novels. Cheers to Christopher! Cheers to Colin!



In other news, I am not a very good blogger. I missed a whole week, and for no good reason! The past week has treated me well. I finished writing a second short story for Creative Writing, and am in the process of my third. The assignment is to write a short story (fiction this time) in the form of a ghost story. I have never written a story of such nature before, and I wasn't very excited about it at first. Time has taught me otherwise. I am rather pleased with the writing I have done on it so far, and I think it will be a passable for a story by the time it's completed.

British Literature is also going well. We are now into Chaucer. We finished up The Miller's Tale and are now onto The Wife of Bath's Tale. Quite a collection! I am interested in seeing where all of the stories go. I find Chaucer to be a rather humorous fellow, and he certainly had a gift with words.

Introduction to Publications is also working out for me. We have mostly been having guest speakers and writing response papers, but I have also finished another annotated bibliography as of late on a collection of short stories. The two professors from my England trip have been in already, and my Creative Writing professor is set up to come in a couple weeks. All in all, I'm having some good times at school.

I don't have much else to say for the evening. There are two songs left to play on the soundtrack to A Single Man, and then I am off to bed. Tomorrow I have work, homework, dinner with out of town family, and the movie. Sleep is essential.

Cheers!


What is your favorite movie that was based off of a book?
Mine would have to be either The Reader by Bernhard Schlink or Atonement by Ian McEwan. It's a bit of a tossup, to be honest. They are both on my list for favorite books, and the movie versions were brilliant. I hope you find time to check out the books at some point in your life.

1 comment:

  1. Atonement was really good, although I haven't read the book! The movie that i actually enjoy more than a book is "P.S. I Love You" I enjoyed the movie better... When I read the book, "I was like, huh?" haha... which, usually never happens to me... I usually love the books more!

    Ohhh! I love The Time Traveler's Wife!

    ReplyDelete